The Retreat Wellness Resort & Spa
Destination: Central America
Located in Central Costa Rica in the southernmost part of the Alajuela Province, The Retreat towers over the heart of the jungle at an elevation of almost 5000 feet, delivering guests the most unique experiences and views of the natural and luscious green landscape within the property’s private, gated, 8- acre estate.
Hidden in a quartz mountainside, this exclusive property offers one of a kind panoramic, 60-mile views of the Nicoya Peninsula and the Pacific Ocean and a chance to truly connect with nature
The Retreat is a fully immersive experience with access to Costa Rica’s most renowned natural wonders, as well as offering the highest level of service and accommodation on property to ensure that experiences are nothing but “pura vida”
What We Love
- The Freshly created meals and menus compliments of the organic garden
- Cooking classes
- Watching the sun set from the Yoga House over the Pacific Valley
- The Spa
Mountain hiking, meditation, yoga, wellness cooking, spa treatments, reading room, pool and jacuzzi deck
Signature Experiences available (additional cost): La Paz Waterfall Garden and Poás Volcano Adventure, Vista los Suenos Adventure Park, Jaco Beach Surfing Adventure, El Toledo Coffee Plantation Tour, Atenas Culture Tour, Zoo Ave, Atenas Local Farmers Market, Manuel Antonio National Park, Farmer’s Market
- Luxury accommodation
- Daily schedule with various activities
- Free wifi
- Daily organic breakfast, lunch, and 3-course dinner
- Full access to the community room with board games and an extensive lending library
- A fitness gym stocked with various equipment
- Daily auto guided nature hikes on the quartz mountain
- Practice in the Yoga House and terrace overlooking Pacific Valley
- The beautiful Retreat pool & jacuzzi with a panoramic view of the tropical jungle
- Access to the grand Teaching Kitchen with an option for cooking classes at an extra cost
- Luxury Loft
- Total 18 rooms
Location and Logistics
Located at almost 5,000 feet above sea level, the warm and humid temperatures at The Retreat are consistent year round, with May-October being the rainy, or “green” season.
What To Know
Adult only retreat for guests over 16 years of age.
The Retreat additionally has established certain actions and protocol to emphasize and advocate the importance of sustainability and social consciousness, which include an active code of ethics program, locally sourced fish and meat, and chemical free spa treatments freshly made with organic products.
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Call us at 1-800-554-9059 or get started by sending us your dream trip details below.